Wednesday, July 29, 2009

No McMansions Here

I love this website: http://www.tinyhousedesign.com. And not only because it makes me feel as though I live in a big house myself. I love the efficient, pack-it-all-in designs, all created in Google SketchUp. Here's the latest house plan posted:



The entire house is one story, with an 8' x 20' footprint. Great for a newlywed couple! I'm not sure it would work for me, my husband, and 5 kids, but I still love the designs. Maybe when we retire...

Anyway, I thought this concept would make a great design contest for students in high school or even middle school. A teacher could assign a set of furniture and appliances, allot a maximum footprint, and see what kids come up with to hold it all in. Something to think about...

PS - I owe people some additional blog posting about the ASA conference last week. Tomorrow I plan to post about a cool kid with Aspergers who was a frequent visitor to our booth.

Anyone can design anything in 3D! www.3dvinci.net

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon
Join our FREE Email Mailing List!




3 comments:

Russ said...

Can't wait for more teacher-related and autism stuff! Thanks

Bonnie Roskes said...

I'll try to get to it tomorrow ;-)

Garage Plan said...

You can choose your house plan from 100 because New Drafting CAD Site gives away over 100 House plans for free.

You can go and them at http://www.sdsplans.com