Tuesday, May 3, 2011

New: SketchUp Robotics Project

Last summer I partnered with a fantastic educational non-profit, CSTEM, and wrote several project modules for their annual robotics competition. Since last year I've gotten several requests from teachers and parents for some materials on using SketchUp for robotics; seems robotics is all the rage these days!

So CSTEM and I agreed to make one of the modules I wrote available for sale - a fun project that shows how to assemble a robot model using Lego Technics pieces.



The Technics models are available for free in the 3D Warehouse; I took models that were already there and spent many hours adding guide lines, hiding and un-hiding objects, and changing colors, so that the pieces are ready for easy import and assembly.

The last step in this project is taking the final robot and adding to a sample robotics competition field.



The project is a 39-page PDF that I'm listing for $20, on sale through May for $16.

CSTEM and I are planning on more robotics projects, which I hope to start writing over the summer. Your feedback is extremely valuable, please let me know if there is a specific robotics topic or problem you'd like to see addressed. And check out CSTEM's website for more info on physical robotics in the classroom.



Anyone can design anything in 3D! http://www.3dvinci.net/

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon
Join our FREE Email Mailing List!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool. I want to get my kids interested in 3D design.