Modeling with SketchUp for Interior Design
This book is an updated version of the book I wrote for Pearson Press back in 2011, when SketchUp 8 was current. This book is changed a bit and updated for SketchUp 2014. (If you're working with an earlier version of SketchUp, the projects in the book still work the same way; only a few icons have changed.)
If you're an instructor, the book works perfectly as a textbook. Each section contains a step-by-step project, followed by a "Model It Yourself" project that reinforces concepts, and can be used as class or home assignments. There are 40 of these projects. And each chapter comes with a set of review questions.
What's covered in this book? You can see the entire book's contents here, and here is a list of topics:
- Modeling an empty room
- Furnishing a room with 3D Warehouse models, correcting common model errors
- Modeling furniture from scratch (straight and curved pieces including tables, sofas, cabinets)
- Working with colors and materials (changing base colors, resizing, texture positioning)
- Working with digital images ("free pin" positioning, tracing, modeling based on a photo)
- Kitchen design (dynamic components, cabinet plans, counters and sinks)
- Model presentation (layers and scenes, presenting multiple design or material options, walk-throughs)
- Working drawings (labels, dimensions, plans)
- Additional resources (tutorials, models, rendering applications)
Here's the link again for this great new book. Enjoy!
Anyone can design anything in 3D! http://www.3dvinci.net/