Thursday, January 28, 2010

Fun Workshop Last Sunday

This past Sunday, I led a full-day workshop on SketchUp for the Capital Region Society for Technology in Education (or CRSTE), a relatively new technology group serving teachers in the metro DC area. There were 30 teachers in attendance, who were willing to give up a Sunday to learn something new. (Every time I meet with a group of teachers, I marvel at their dedication and passion, but then again I guess they would have chosen different professions if they were selfish and lazy.)

Here's a view of the crowd:



And here's me trying not to notice the camera in front of me:



By all accounts (at least the ones I heard), the workshop went really well. It's so much fun to introduce SketchUp to people who haven't seen it before: the "oohs" and "aahs" always come out at the first glimpse of Push/Pull, making materials translucent, making multiple copies, playing an animation, and sticking a SketchUp model into Google Earth. I thank CRSTE for giving me the opportunity to strut my stuff.

Next month I'll be participating in a CRSTE cyber-conference. Right now this link doesn't list me yet - the full catalog will be posted this Friday (tomorrow). If you're in the mid-Atlantic area, check out this conference - there are lots of interesting sessions.



Anyone can design anything in 3D! www.3dvinci.net

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon
Join our FREE Email Mailing List!




No comments: