Sunday, July 4, 2010

Concept Cars in Google SketchUp

A lot of high school teachers ask about using SketchUp to model cars. I guess that's what teenagers want to do once they've mastered modeling of houses, furniture, etc. Because cars are modeled along non-flat surfaces, and non-straight lines, it's not always an easy undertaking, but the Sandbox tools are very useful for modeling organic shapes.

Anyway, I ran across this neat video of some concept cars made in SketchUp. Some are rendered in a third-party application (I think V-ray), and some of the views show partial models, enabling you to get an idea of how the surfaces were made. Very cool.



I'm not wild about the accompanying music, but otherwise this makes me want to try out some Sandbox modeling myself. But in a little while I'm taking the kids to see July 4 fireworks instead!



Anyone can design anything in 3D! http://www.3dvinci.net/

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon
Join our FREE Email Mailing List!



No comments: