Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Heading to Austism Conference

This week ASA is holding their annual conference (Dallas this time), and I'll be hanging with Google in their booth again. We'll be promoting Project Spectrum, hoping to raise awareness of SketchUp as a tool for expression, career development, even communication.

So far I've developed three projects for the Spectrum website (they're not up yet), which teachers, parents, and therapists of autistic individuals can use.
  • How to use Google Earth and SketchUp to create a school project that uses scenes and fly-throughs rather than oral or written words.
  • How to work with a group to fill an empty toy store with different categories of toys
  • How to design and walk through a "rehearsal" model in advance of an anxiety-producing situation (dentist visit)
More projects are planned, and ASA is a great place to get feedback and ideas. I would also love to hear from anyone who has suggestions, experiences, etc in this area, so don't be shy. So far I've mostly used my own experiences with my 8-year old autistic son, who uses SketchUp like a whiz!

Details next week when I'm back...

Anyone can design anything in 3D! http://www.3dvinci.net/

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon
Join our FREE Email Mailing List!



No comments: